The Hands

The Hands

Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy fourth of july

Happy Independence Day! We had a wonderful time celebrating the 4th. On the 3rd we drove out to a fellow firefighters house in Athens and had a great time with friends! The kids got to fish in the lake, ride horses, ride 4 wheelers and run around like crazy. Ethan enjoyed fishing and riding the horse and well as chasing around their 130 lb dog. At one point in time he had his arm around the giant dog and a tea cup chihuahua in the other! That boy sure loves animals. Ethan and Aiden got to ride the 4 wheeler (with daddy), which was a ton of fun until Ethan touched his ankle to the hot engine. I then had to run him down to the lake and stick his foot in the water.  Always a little drama with boys around. At dark the firefighters all shot off beautiful, big fireworks (purchased out of state : ) ) off the dock. The kids LOVED it! It was a lot of fun. On the 4th we went to my moms and Grana cooked a good southern home cooking lunch (YUM!) and we swam and lets the kids play. Then went to dinner at Grammy's to meet some of her friends. Of course grandfather made homemade ice cream, which he does every year. He made coffee ice cream with caramel sauce, so good! I need to diet now just from my weekend intake of calories! Grandfather and Aunt Katie took the big boys outside and did some firecrakers with them. They really enjoyed it this year! Then we came home and puts the kids down and Ben and I rented a movie. Perfect ending to the weekend!

This morning I woke up and was sitting at the computer to find smoke coming from my yard. When I went out on the back deck I realized that our neighbors had cought our yard on fire with fireworks last night and the embers were still burning. Nice! So of course Ben is at work and I had to drag the hose over and put out the fire in my pajamas at 8 am. Never a dull moment ! Now we have a burnt place in our mulch. Lovely.

I little update on Gavin:  He is rolling EVERYWHERE! Both ways and all over the place. He can get across the room so fast! Too funny. I started calling him rolly polly. He has 2 doc appts this moth. Pulmonology and the pediatrician. I hope that they will see a good weight gain and have positive things to say! He has PT 4 times this months as well. We are seeing great improvements from the PT. I think he will be sitting up soon, he is trying! He is taking 8-9 oz at a time in the bottle now (we are still mixing high calorie formula and cereal with his breastmilk) and he takes baby food twice a day. He is a good eater, sleeping through the night and taking 2 naps a day, I just hope he is gaining weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment