The Hands

The Hands

Thursday, April 15, 2010

growing and growing

Pictures at 1 week and 4 1/2 months~ God is good!


Gavin is now 8 lb 110z! He is growing and getting strong. Since we came home he is eating like a champ. He is nursing better than ever and taking 3 oz in a bottle at a time. We are continuing to use the G tube at night for supplemental feeds for now. Tomorrow we go to PT for the first time at the CHOA rehab center next to kennestone. I am very interested to see what they will do with him. I hope I learn some things that I can do with him at home. I am excited to start the journey of catching up, no more set backs! Thank you all for all your prayers, I know we are only where we are by the grace of God. I am so thankful for all that we have come through. Some days I still fear that yet another thing come up. I think after everything we have been through and everything the doctors tell us we cannot help but believe we might have another scare. Either way, I know God has special plans for him and loves him even more than I do.

We have a pulmonary, cardiology, GI, PT and growth checks all coming up so I hope we make progress in each area and look at getting rid of the G tube soon. The other night I gave him his meds and then fed him. I guess I forgot to close the port on his tube because everything he ate ran out all over the bed. Poor little guy he was still starving. I cried, it was just the realization that my kid has a hole in his perfect little body and just isn't like everyone elses baby. This too shall pass.

1 comment: