The Hands

The Hands

Monday, May 3, 2010

I guess Gavin decided last night that he was done with his G tube, because he pulled it out. He woke up soaking wet because his continuous feeds had been running all night. When we noticed I tried to put it back in, but the hole had already closed. So this morning when I woke up I called my Ped. He called the surgeon and they discussed and said they felt it was fine to leave it out, so I was relieved. He has been eating great and I didn't think he needed it in the first place. Then the surgeon called the GI doctor and he disagreed totally. He wanted us to take him back to surgery today to put it back in. I was like WHAT! That means intubated and vents. I said "NO!". The GI doctor told me I was being non compliant with his plan of care. I said too bad. As long as he is eating and gaining weight, I said they cannot put it back in. DRAMA! Always. Even the doctors don't agree with eachother. And unfortunatly I know healthcare enough to know that sometimes its all about money.

On a lighter note, here are some pics of the kidos playing. Since the sheetrock is going in the basement, Aiden is enjoying wearing his mask (for the dust) even when they are not working : )

No comments:

Post a Comment